Global Smart Greenhouse Market Research Report 2022: AgTech
Dublin, Sept. 13, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “Smart Greenhouse – Global Market Trajectory and Analysis” report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
A $2.4 billion global opportunity for smart greenhouses by 2026
Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global smart greenhouse market estimated at US$1.7 billion in 2022 is expected to reach a revised size of US$2.4 billion by 2026, with growth at a CAGR of 9% over the analysis period.
Hardware, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.5%, while Software & Services segment growth is readjusted to a revised CAGR of 11.4%. Smart greenhouse refers to a greenhouse where crops are grown without human intervention and without climatic alterations.
In other words, smart greenhouses are a controlled and self-regulating environment that facilitates the control of climatic conditions such as humidity, soil moisture, light and temperature inside the greenhouse in real time thanks to to the use of electronic systems such as sensors and actuators. In addition, automated action is activated based on external environmental changes, thus helping to create the ideal conditions for plant growth. The main objective of a smart greenhouse is to increase productivity and generate better agricultural results.
Smart greenhouses continuously record and automatically transmit information about the crop and the environment. In these greenhouses, data is collected and transmitted to an IoT platform and algorithms convert it into information that helps understand irregularities or challenges.
There is on-demand control of lighting and HVAC operations as well as spraying and irrigation functions. Constant data monitoring supports the design of predictive models to forecast crop infection and disease risks. Through the use of IoT sensors, multiple data points can be collected in great detail. They offer real-time information on climatic conditions such as CO2, light exposure, humidity and temperature in the greenhouse.
The global smart greenhouse market is propelled by growing demand for food due to growing global population, increasing adoption of AI and IoT in agriculture sector, rising trend of agriculture in interior, particularly in urban areas, and growing government efforts to encourage the use of smart agricultural approaches. MetoMotion’s GRoW robot harnesses advanced AI-based computers for 3D perception and finds application in greenhouses.
The robot is specially designed for greenhouse use, including algorithms (path planning) and flexible motion control. The growing demand for organic food globally is also contributing to the growth of the market. Additionally, the easy crop monitoring facilitated by smart greenhouses is increasing their popularity.
The rise of rooftop farming in cities around the world also bodes well for the market. This practice typically includes the use of containers, aeroponics, hydroponics, or green roofs. These farms use rainwater, have a reduced human role, fewer pest attacks on crops and less air pollution.
The market is also benefiting from the growing popularity of vertical farming technology and growing collaboration between private and public players in the agriculture industry. Governments face many challenges in ensuring a constant food supply, due to population growth and unpredictable weather conditions. In order to address this concern, scientists are developing a wide range of innovative strategies. Under this initiative, farmers are now using high-end information technology to perform various farming operations.
The advent of smart greenhouses brings a paradigm shift in the way farming was done before. The introduction of wireless sensors allows users to gain in-depth knowledge of precise temperature, carbon dioxide and humidity levels.
Propelled by their ability to dramatically improve performance, demand for new technologies is on the rise. Innovation looms large in today’s highly competitive business scenario and the agricultural sector is no exception. In a bid to push farmers to build smart greenhouses, scientists are undertaking various research and development projects.
The increasing use of high-end computers and cloud computing technologies allows farmers to collect and store a wide range of critical data. The new devices help users select the appropriate temperature, water and humidity levels based on their specific needs.
One of the main advantages associated with using new devices is that they reduce the need to integrate additional infrastructure. The introduction of AI and IoT systems plays an important role in significantly improving work efficiency, as well as reducing energy waste. As a result, the application of advanced technologies is experiencing a sharp increase. The advent of automated air conditioning, pH sensors, and irrigation devices are helping farmers grow high-yielding fruits, vegetables, and edible crops.
The new equipment includes wireless sensors that allow growers to monitor humidity and temperature levels in real time. Due to their superior characteristics, the new devices are gaining traction among various farmers and greenhouse owners. Fueled by high growth prospects, several manufacturers are now developing easy-to-use, durable and high-end IoT farming equipment. Apart from this, companies also use automated vehicles to easily transport various agricultural products. Propelled by various benefits associated with their use, the demand for automated devices is expected to grow.
What’s new for 2022?
- Global competitiveness and percentage market shares of main competitors
- Market presence in multiple geographies – Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial
- Peer-to-peer collaborative online interactive updates
- Access to digital archives
- Free updates for one year
Main topics covered:
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and the impending global recession
- Review of the year 2021 and short-term outlook
- Protracted pandemic, Ukraine-Russia conflict and related economic disruption impact growth outlook
- Pandemic affects agricultural industry supply chain
- Agriculture industry accelerates adoption of advanced technologies amid pandemic
- Small farms face significant challenges
- Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on the Smart Greenhouse Market
- Smart farming is transforming traditional farming
- An introduction to the smart greenhouse
- Technologies used in smart greenhouses
- Hydroponic and non-hydroponic greenhouses
- Advantages of smart greenhouse system
- Global Market Outlook and Prospects
- Hydroponics dominates the smart greenhouse market
- Europe: the leading regional market
- Competitive Market Presence – Strong/Active/Niche for Players Worldwide in 2022 (E)
- Global brands
- Recent market activity
2. FOCUS ON CERTAIN PLAYERS (Total 206 featured)
- Argus Control Systems Ltd.
- Certhon Build B.V.
- Cultivar Ltd.
- More and more of the desert
- growth link
- Heliospectra AB
- International Greenhouse Society
- Logiqs B.V.
- LumiGrow, Inc.
- Netafim Ltd.
- Nexus Corporation
- Prospera Technologies Ltd.
- Rough Brothers, Inc.
3. MARKET TRENDS AND DRIVERS
- AgTech emerges as a new buzzword in the agriculture industry
- The Multiple Benefits of Smart Greenhouses to Propel Market Gains
- Growing adoption of IoT presents vast opportunities for the smart greenhouse market
- Growing adoption of IoT in agriculture presents growth opportunities for the smart greenhouse market
- Developments in artificial intelligence (AI) are encouraging the growth of the greenhouse industry
- Rising demand for food from a growing global population is driving the adoption of advanced agricultural techniques, driving the growth of the market
- Climate change heightens food security concerns
- The market is poised to benefit from the growing consumption of organic foods and the resulting increase in organic farmland
- Rising Popularity of Vertical Farming Technology to Fuel Smart Greenhouse Market Growth
- Vertical farming is drawing particular appeal amid the COVID-19 pandemic
- Growing Adoption of Indoor/Rooftop Farming in Urban Areas: Potential for Smart Greenhouses
- Smart greenhouses support the transition to precision agriculture
- HVAC and LED: leading smart greenhouse technologies
- LED growth emerges as the preferred lighting medium in smart greenhouses
- High-tech greenhouses will be the future of agriculture
- Automated greenhouse: the ultimate goal
- Students develop new smart greenhouse
- Smart Greenhouse Market Challenges
4. GLOBAL MARKET OUTLOOK
III. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/d76zh2