Global Asthma Pipeline Market Research Report 2022: Therapeutic Evaluation by Product Type, Stage, Route of Administration and Molecule Type – ResearchAndMarkets.com | Business and finance
DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–March 10, 2022–
The publisher’s report, “Asthma – Pipeline Insight, 2022”, provides comprehensive insights on 100+ companies and 100+ drugs in development in the asthma pipeline landscape. It covers pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and non-clinical stage products. It also covers therapeutic evaluation by product type, stage, route of administration and molecule type. It further highlights inactive pipeline products in this space.
- Businesses and academics are scrambling to assess challenges and seek out opportunities that can influence asthma R&D. The therapies under development focus on new approaches to treat/improve asthma.
- In October 2021, the Board of Directors of Mabpharm Limited announced that the New Drug Application (NDA) of CMAB007 (omalizumab), a lead product of the Company, has been accepted by the National Medical Products Administration of the Republic People’s People’s Republic of China (“NMPA”) for the treatment of allergic asthma, which is China’s first new domestic allergic asthma therapeutic antibody drug with a submitted NDA. CMAB007 (omalizumab) is the second drug to make the subject of a marketing application file by the Company.
- In September 2021, Evelo Biosciences, Inc. announced that the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office issued a new composition of matter patent (#11,090,341) for drugs comprising pharmaceutical compositions of the bacterium Veillonella parvula. This patent is a key addition to the Company’s substantial and growing intellectual property (IP) portfolio for treatments targeting the small intestine axis, SINTAXT.
- In November 2021, CSPC Pharmaceutical Group Limited (the “Company” announced that Shanghai JMT-BIO Technology Co., Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Company, entered into an agreement (the “Agreement”) with Keymed Bioscience ( Chengdu ) Co., Ltd. in connection with the exclusive license and commercialization of CM326 (a recombinant humanized anti-TSLP monoclonal antibody, the “Product”) for the treatment of moderate to severe asthma, obstructive pulmonary disease chronic (COPD) and other diseases of the respiratory system.
- In November 2021, Amgen and AstraZeneca agreed to include AMG 104/AZD8630 in the existing collaboration agreement between the parties. AMG 104/AZD8630 is part of the collaboration with companies sharing both cost and revenue, with no inventor fee.
Emerging Asthma Drug Chapters
This segment of the Asthma report contains its detailed analysis of various drugs in different stages of clinical development including Phase II, I, Preclinical and Discovery. It also helps to understand details of clinical trials, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, as well as the latest news and press releases.
PT-027: Avillion LLPT027 is an investigational fixed-dose combination of budesonide (an inhaled corticosteroid) and albuterol (a short-acting beta-2 agonist). It is a first-in-class SABA/ICS potential rescue therapy for asthma in the United States, to be taken as needed in response to symptoms. It is a fixed-dose inhaled combination of albuterol (also known as salbutamol), a SABA, and budesonide, a corticosteroid, and is being developed into a pMDI using delivery technology AstraZeneca’s Aerosphere. Avillion will be responsible for the development of PT027 under an extensive clinical development program and will fund the program until regulatory approval.
MM09-MG01: Inmunotek SL
MM09-MG01: Inmunotek SLt is a mixture of mites (Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus and Dermatophagoides farinae) at a concentration of 30,000 AU/mL and grasses (Phleum pratense, Holcus lanatus, Poa pratensis, Festuca elatior, Lolium perenne and Dactylis glomerata) at a concentration of 30,000 AU/mL: Purified allergen extract, adsorbed in aluminum hydroxide and polymerized with glutaraldehyde. It is currently under development in the Phase III development stage.
FP 025: Forecasting pharmaceutical products
FP 025: Foresee Pharmaceuticalsoresee is developing a new class of highly selective and potent oral matrix metalloproteinase 12 (MMP-12) inhibitors for the treatment of asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and several other diseases by rational drug design. A lead compound, FP-025, has undergone Phase I human clinical trials and has been shown to exhibit acceptable safety and tolerability, as well as stable pharmacokinetics in healthy subjects. A phase II proof-of-concept study in allergic asthma patients is currently underway in the Netherlands.
GB001: Gossamer BioB001, a DP2 antagonist, may inhibit the recruitment and activation of inflammatory cells in asthma patients, thereby reducing airway inflammation. DP2 is a G protein-coupled receptor selectively expressed by T-lymphocyte type 2 (Th2), eosinophil (Eos), basophil and innate lymphoid type 2 (ILC2) cells. DP2 binds to PGD2 and promotes the recruitment and activation of eosinophils and basophils and stimulates Th2 cells and ILC2 cells to release type 2 cytokines including IL-4, IL-5 and IL-13, resulting in the persistence of type 2 inflammation. GB001 is a potent and highly selective oral DP2 antagonist in development as an adjunctive once-daily oral maintenance therapy for moderate to severe eosinophilic asthma. In preclinical studies, GB001 proved to be an insurmountable antagonist with a prolonged effect.
EDP1867: Evelo Biosciences, Inc.
EDP1867: Evelo Biosciences, Inc. DP1867 is a non-living pharmaceutical preparation of a single strain of Veillonella parvula, isolated from the ileum of a human donor. It is rendered non-living by irradiation in the manufacturing process, which renders it unable to colonize or persist in the gut, a central feature of SINTAX drugs. EDP1867 is currently in clinical development. It has the potential to treat a wide range of inflammatory and neuro-inflammatory diseases.
TQC2731: Chia Tai Tianqing Pharmaceutical Group
TQC2731: Chia Tai Tianqing Pharmaceutical GroupQC2731, belongs to the class of asthmatics. These anti-inflammatory medications are the most effective and commonly used long-term controller medications for asthma. They reduce swelling and tighten your airways. An antiasthmatic and antiallergic agent also prevents the release of histamine from mast cells and the formation of other mediators (leukotrienes) of anaphylaxis by inhibiting degranulation after contact with antigens. These help prevent symptoms of asthma, allergic rhinitis, mastocytosis and exercise-induced bronchospasm. TQC2731 is currently in a Phase 1 study for the treatment of asthma.
Asthma: therapeutic assessment
This segment of the report provides information about the different asthma medications separated based on the following parameters that define the scope of the report, such as:
Approx. Over 100 key companies developing therapies for asthma. Companies with asthma drug candidates in the most advanced stage, i.e. Phase III, include Avillion LLP.
- How many companies are developing asthma drugs?
- How many asthma drugs are developed by each company?
- How many emerging drugs are in mid-stage and late-stage development for the treatment of asthma?
- What are the main collaborations (industry-industry, industry-university), mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to asthma therapeutics?
- What are the recent trends, types of drugs and new technologies developed to overcome the limitations of existing therapies?
- What are the current clinical studies for asthma and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted to pipeline drugs?
- Mabpharm Limited
- Avillion LLP
- Immunotek SL
- AB Science
- Astra Zeneca
- Therapeutic Pearl Inc.
- Sterna Organic Products
- Verona Pharma
- Predict pharmaceuticals
- EURRUS Biotech
- Therapeutic T-Balance
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
- Theravance Biopharma
- Akéso Biopharma
- Aldeyra Therapeutic
- Organic Gossamer
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- Trio Medicines
- Janssen Research and Development
- Cumberland Pharmaceuticals
- Concentrx Pharmaceuticals
- Tetherex Pharmaceuticals
- Uniqueness Biotech
- Knopp Biosciences
- Keymed Biosciences
- Suzhou Connect Biopharmaceuticals
- Chiesi Farmaceutici SpA
- Aquilon Pharma
- 4D Pharma SA
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- Archive Farma
- Therapeutic Siolta
- BGF MDI
- Glycopyrronium Bromide
- MEDI 3506
- Interferon beta-1a Nebulized solution 48 μg/mL
- Halix™ Albuterol
- AS MDI
- GB 310
Laura Wood, Senior Press Officer
For EST business hours, call 1-917-300-0470
For US/CAN call toll free 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: HEALTHCARE CARDIOLOGY
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright BusinessWire 2022.
PUB: 03/10/2022 12:00 PM/DISC: 03/10/2022 12:00 PM
Copyright BusinessWire 2022.