Arizona Lithium (ASX:AZL) completes Hazen Research bench testing program – The Market Herald
- Colorado-Based Hazen Research Officially Validates Design Basis and Flowsheet for Arizona Lithium’s (AZL) Big Sandy Project in Arizona
- The bench-scale testing program began in November 2020 at Hazen’s research facilities and confirmed production of at least 99.8% battery-grade lithium.
- Now complete, the test work forms the basis of the scoping study for AZL’s Big Sandy project, which is currently scheduled for delivery in July.
- AZL Managing Director Paul Lloyd says validation of Hazen Research’s test work is ‘instrumental’ step towards lithium production at Big Sandy
- Arizona lithium shares last traded at 11 cents on June 13
Colorado-based Hazen Research has officially validated the design basis and flowsheet for Arizona Lithium’s (AZL) Big Sandy Project in Arizona.
The bench-scale testing program began in November 2020 at Hazen’s research facilities and confirmed production of at least 99.8% battery-grade lithium.
Hazen ore beneficiation, concentrate leach and hydrometallurgy reports from the test work will now serve as the basis for a planned scoping study for the Big Sandy project.
The scoping study should be completed in July 2022.
Arizona Lithium general manager Paul Lloyd said Hazen’s test bed program was an “instrumental” step toward lithium production at Big Sandy.
“Importantly, testing has confirmed production of at least 99.8% battery-grade lithium as we seek to supply the rapidly growing electric vehicle market in North America, which continues to be driven by the transition to decarbonized transport,” said Mr Lloyd.
“Over the next few periods, we will continue to refine the design of the Big Sandy project at our new lithium research center located in Phoenix, Arizona.
“This center will play an important role as we continue to accelerate the development of the Big Sandy lithium project.”
The company’s lithium research center is currently in the engineering phase, with construction expected to begin in the third quarter of 2022.
Arizona Lithium shares last traded at 11 cents on June 13.